SPANISH CITIZENSHIP/NATIONALITY FOR BRITISH RESIDENTS IN SPAIN
Britons living in Spain are currently wondering, “Am I going to be considered a European citizen or not? What rights will I have? Will I be entitled to Social Security? What will happen to my employment contract ? And what about my pension? We are all continually receiving confusing – and confused - information about Brexit.
Are you thinking of applying for Spanish citizenship? We know that this is not a simple decision. Think about it as soon as possible and contact us: we want to help you.
At Bennet and Rey, we have had considerable experience of applying for Spanish citizenship on behalf of British citizens, and we always keep a close eye on the process as in a way we feel as involved as the clients. Since March 2017 we have been organising talks in order to give people information on the consequences of Brexit.
Can I apply for Spanish citizenship?
If you are a British citizen, resident in Spain, you have the right to apply for Spanish citizenship under the following conditions:
- if you have been living legally in Spain for 10 consecutive years.
- if you are married to a Spanish citizen and have been living legally in Spain for at least a year since the marriage.
- if you were born in Spain and have been living legally in Spain for at least a year before making the application.
Depending on your circumstances, other possibilities may exist.
What can Bennet and Rey Lawyers offer?
1. Experience and reliability: we are experts in migration law and applications for citizenship. We are very familiar with the procedure since we have been involved for some time now in applications for Spanish citizenship from Britons who are resident in Spain.
We are registered members of the Madrid College of Lawyers.
2. Legal advice: we study each case individually, and we offer the best legal solution.
3. Information: we keep you informed at every moment concerning the progress of your application and any changes in the law.
4. Personal service, and listening to you: we understand what a change of nationality involves – and the uncertainties which may arise.
5. Speed: our main office is in central Madrid, where the principal Civil Registry and the Justice Ministry are located.
6. Responsibility: as your lawyers we will keep you informed about what the laws really say - without raising false hopes.
7. We have a presence in all of Spain: although our main office is in Madrid, we can work with you in any part of Spain.
Start your application now. We shall be pleased to help you. Contact us at email@example.com or call us on 699 71 93 06 or 91 186 32 68
Bennet & Rey Lawyers
Paseo de la Castellana, 119, 2º D